- Represented multiple financial institutions in FTC investigations, including the negotiated settlement of Federal Trade Commission v. Avant LLC in the Northern District of Illinois.
- Represented multiple captive auto finance companies in investigations by the DOJ into Servicemembers Civil Relief Act–related early lease terminations, including resolution of a first-of-its-kind settlement.
- Assisted numerous private equity firms with regulatory due diligence in over 75 transactions involving the acquisition, startup, or provision of a debt facility to consumer and commercial financial services companies in the auto finance, credit card, unsecured consumer loan, mortgage, and other markets.
- Represented American Honda Finance Corporation and other bank and nonbank auto finance sources in both public and nonpublic settlements with the CFPB and DOJ over alleged fair lending violations.
- Represented multiple national and regional debt collection companies in nonpublic resolution of claims for violation of federal debt collection, credit reporting, and electronic payment laws.
- Assisted multiple clients preparing for, completing, and responding to findings resulting from examinations in the auto finance, consumer finance, and debt collection spaces by the CFPB, New York Department of Financial Services, and others.
- Phone: +1 704 444 1070
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John’s combination of in-house and broad financial services experience allows him to identify operational and regulatory risks and ways to mitigate those risks. John has been at the forefront of numerous industry-standard-setting enforcement matters, finding creative solutions to complex issues.