- Represented a real estate investment fund manager with approximately $33.8 billion regulated assets under management (RAUM) in all “outsourced general counsel” aspects of the business, including the formation and management of closed- and open-ended vehicles and separate accounts, negotiations with investors’ counsel, and advising on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Represented and facilitated the ongoing investment management needs of a hybrid private equity and hedge fund client with a $60 billion RAUM with a focus on funds in the operational private equity, real estate, and commercial mortgage-backed securities investment spaces.
- Counseled a real estate investment fund manager with approximately $3.2 billion RAUM on the management of its flagship open-ended fund and the formation and reorganization of various co-investment vehicles and joint ventures (JVs).
- Advised a multibillion-dollar endowment in its evaluation of and investment into various private equity and venture funds.
- Managed the formation of a special purpose vehicle (SPV) of an existing hedge fund client to make a time-sensitive investment before the initial public offering (IPO) of an up-and-coming pre-IPO technology company.
- Prepared offering documents for a private equity fund formed specifically to invest in private investments in public equity (PIPE) transactions in the initial business combinations of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs).
- Led the fund formation and launch process, including the preparation of offering documents and novel risk factors, for a venture fund client focused on investing in nonfungible tokens (NFTs), decentralized autonomous organization tokens (DAOs), other tokens, equities, SAFEs, crypto protocols, and other creator infrastructure and novel financial market infrastructure.
- Worked on multiple fund launches for a hedge fund employing a master-feeder structure consisting of Delaware limited partnerships and Cayman Islands exempted limited partnerships.
Gina Russoniello is a senior associate in Alston & Bird’s Investment Funds Group and a member of the Private Funds Team. Gina concentrates her practice on fund formation and investment management, and focuses on the structure, formation, and ongoing management of domestic and offshore investment funds.
Gina’s background includes a broad range of experience representing managers of hedge, venture, private equity, real estate, and insurance-dedicated funds and includes both open-ended and closed-ended vehicles, as well as funds of one and separately managed accounts. In addition to her experience representing fund managers, Gina also counsels institutional investors, endowments, and family offices in their capacity as limited partners evaluating potential fund investments. She advises clients on evolving market standards and regulatory considerations and loves the ever-evolving world of investment funds.
Gina is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch” for her work.
Gina earned her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and a B.S., summa cum laude, from the Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College. She has a passion for volunteer legal work serving refugees and displaced families, learning languages (especially Italian and Arabic), and international travel.
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- University of Pennsylvania (J.D., 2015)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S., 2012)
- Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy, asylum pro bono lawyer
- International Law Association, American Branch