- Counsel for several corporations with significant U.S. and international trademark and copyright portfolios, including a major hotel company, a well-known chain of restaurants, a preeminent organization that sanctions and governs auto racing sports events, and a national sporting goods retailer.
- Advises several clients on advertising campaigns and television commercials.
- Developed comprehensive international trademark filing strategies for several clients, including a leading provider of air conditioners and water heaters and a well-known chain of restaurants.
- Represented clients in trademark, copyright, or advertising matters in nearly every country around the world.
- Secured a permanent injunction and damages for the largest rental car company in Latin America in a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court against a competitor.
- Appealed the denial of a defendant website forum’s summary judgment motion before the Georgia Court of Appeals. The appeal presented issues of first impression in Georgia under the federal Communications Decency Act. The Georgia Court of Appeals granted the appeal.
- Represented a motorsports entertainment company in a trademark opposition before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board against an application to register a similar trademark on fuel additives and automotive products.
- Recorded a manufacturer, its trademarks, and its goods with Egypt’s General Organization for Export and Import Control. The manufacturer’s goods were blocked by a new decree that prevented shipment of products to Egypt for unrecorded companies.
- Represented the plaintiff in a trademark infringement and tortious interference lawsuit in federal court against a competitor in the oilfield services industry.
- Defended a major international pharmaceutical company against claims of false advertising asserted by its largest competitor. The case settled favorably for our client after a successful motion for protective order that significantly limited the scope of the plaintiff’s discovery efforts.
- Represented the plaintiff maker of pet medication in trade dress claims in federal court against one of its competitors’ packaging.
- Represented the plaintiff gun manufacturer in a declaratory judgment action for non-infringement of alleged trade dress rights in the defendant’s submachine gun.
- Defended a sporting goods retailer in a cancellation proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board against one of its major lifestyle apparel brands.
- Filed declaratory judgment of non-infringement of alleged trademark rights on behalf of a casino entertainment company against a musical group.
- Represented several defendants in a counterfeiting and trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court. We vacated a judgment of $2 million in damages for each defendant.
- Defended a multibrand restaurant operator in a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court brought by a competitor seeking to cancel the defendant’s trademark.
- Represented a plaintiff motorcycle rally in a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court against a competitor using the same name for a competing rally.
- Defended a restaurant and bar in a cancellation proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board brought by a winery concerning the name of our client’s beverage.
- Defended a major publisher in a cancellation proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board against one of its oldest trademarks.
- Defended a garage door company in a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court brought by a competitor.
- Phone: +1 404 881 4565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nadya Munasifi Sand is a partner in the Intellectual Property – Trademark & Copyright Group in the Atlanta office. Nadya concentrates her practice on domestic and international trademark and copyright portfolio management, prosecution, enforcement, litigation, counseling, and advertising clearance and litigation. She has experience in federal and state court litigation, handling contested matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) and the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau, and in domain name arbitrations brought under ICANN’s Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP).
Nadya earned her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School, where she was a merit scholar and a member of The Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law. Before attending law school, Nadya served as an account executive for two years at the marketing agencies Emergence and Pure Red. She earned a Bachelor of Business Administration, highest distinction, from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School, where she concentrated in marketing, organization, and management and was named the Ron Frank Marketing Scholar. Nadya was named a 2018 Georgia Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 2008)
- Emory University (B.B.A., 2003)
- Atlanta IP Inn of Court
- State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Section
- Atlanta Bar Association