- Counsel to a wide range of clients with respect to compliance issues under the Affordable Care Act, including insurers, providers, health plans and employers in a variety of industries.
- Counsel to individual companies, coalitions and trade associations on health care reform regulatory issues.
- Counsel to a publicly held media conglomerate with dynamic, complex benefit structures involving numerous traditional pension, cash balance and savings programs. Issues include plan design, early retirement window programs, compliance, and adapting to new legislative and regulatory developments.
- Counsel to a large governmental organization with respect to pension and savings plans.
- Counsel to financial institution clients with respect to planning and compliance issues relating to the executive compensation restrictions under the Troubled Assets Relief Program and counsel to public and private companies with respect to executive compensation issues including Sections 409A and 457A.
- Counsel to pension plans and investment funds regarding ERISA title I issues and alternative investments.
- Counsel to a variety of clients with respect to current legislative and regulatory issues ranging from pension funding to health care reform.
- Co-hosted Alston & Bird’s 16-part weekly series on the progress and effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (“tax reform”). Topics included International Tax, Corporate Tax, Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits, Health and Welfare, and Partnerships.
- Phone: +1 202 239 3566
- Email: email@example.com
Clients count on Carolyn's unique policy and legal background for strategic planning, advocacy and compliance advice on complex tax, health and employee benefit issues. She has 20 years of experience with the Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation, where she was the associate deputy chief of staff and counseled members and staff of the House Ways and Means and Senate Finance Committees.