- Represented an early-stage company in a transaction to license its femtocell technology to a larger consumer electronics company for incorporation into a mass market consumer product.
- Represented a major air carrier in transferring its employee scheduling and human capital management function to a cloud-based solution.
- Represented a municipal entity in establishing a fiber-optic-based “triple play” (Internet-phone-video) service for consumers and businesses.
- Represented a major mobile phone handset manufacturer in the in-licensing of an operating system for its handsets.
- Counseled a financial services client in adopting a cloud-based platform for investment information.
- Represented a major U.S. wireless carrier in securing exclusive rights to distribute a groundbreaking smartphone.
- Counseled a leading manufacturer of biometric-based security systems for non-fixed assets on open source issues.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in the establishment of a mixed hosted/virtual private cloud environment.
- Represented an airline scheduling and planning software provider in the acquisition of new business lines.
- Represented a Fortune 50 company with intellectual property and technology issues during the divestiture of a software-based business line.
David Teske is a partner in the Technology & Privacy Group and is a thought leader and frequent speaker on legal issues ranging from licensing to digital entertainment to open source software. He concentrates his practice on the exploitation, leveraging and transfer of technology and intellectual property rights through complex transfer and licensing transactions and sourcing transactions, particularly representing purchasers of cloud-based services.
David works with all types of clients, from Fortune 50 corporations to startup companies. He has extensive experience in patent and software licensing, diligence of intellectual property portfolios in the M&A context and counseling clients on the establishment, exploitation and maintenance of their intellectual property portfolios. He is also particularly well-versed in open source licensing and is co-leader of the firm's Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Technology Team. Throughout his career, he has prepared and filed patent applications, trademark registration applications and copyright registration applications, and he has litigated patent, trademark and copyright infringement actions as his tremendous skill base affords well-rounded knowledge and experience.
David was named a 2016 and 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” in Information Technology Law by The Best Lawyers in America©. He received both his J.D. degree and B.S. in aerospace engineering from the State University of New York at Buffalo and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University at Buffalo (J.D., 1993)
- University at Buffalo (B.S, 1990)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Information Technology Law, IT Outsourcing Law, and Technology Law
- State Bar of Georgia, IP Law Section
- Techbridge Inc. (a nonprofit corporation that builds technology solutions for other not-for-profit entities), board of directors