- Representing Microsoft as lead trial counsel in a lawsuit filed in the Northern District of California by civil plaintiffs aiming to block the company’s $69 billion proposed acquisition of gaming company Activision Blizzard.
- Defended Syniverse, a mobile telecommunications company, in a Section 2 refusal to deal case with favorable results for the client.
- Representing the McLane Company in a case alleging the monopolization of Keurig K-cups.
- Lead counsel to Microsoft in the prosecution of antitrust claims related to the price-fixing of lithium-ion batteries.
- Lead counsel to Fieldale Farms in defending a putative nationwide class action filed in the Northern District of Illinois alleging price-fixing in the chicken industry.
- Lead counsel to Nokia in the prosecution of antitrust claims related to the price-fixing of LCD screens.
- Represented Mohawk in defending a nationwide class action alleging price-fixing of polyurethane foam.
- Lead counsel to a major pharmacy and health care company in the prosecution of antitrust claims related to the price-fixing of canned tuna.
- Representing SunTrust in defending a putative nationwide class action alleging antitrust violations in the payment card industry.
- Lead antitrust counsel for a multinational industrial mineral producer in connection with Department of Justice investigations into multiple acquisitions of competitors. Resolved investigations before a second request.
- Phone: +1 415 243 1058
- Email: email@example.com
Fortune 100 companies rely on Valarie to resolve critical multinational antitrust issues in the boardroom and the courtroom. She has innovative ideas for deciding where and when to bring lawsuits to recover compensation for past wrongs, defending against serious allegations brought by the government or civil claimants, and getting a deal through antitrust regulators in multiple jurisdictions.