- Representation of an oil and gas services company in a voluntary self-disclosure of possible criminal violations at one of its recently acquired facilities. The voluntary self-disclosure resulted in a declination of criminal charges against the company.
- Successfully defended a large chemical manufacturing company under investigation for violations of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act for the alleged illegal disposal of hazardous waste that was shown to be exempt from regulations as a recycled product.
- Successfully defended an officer of a container ship indicted for alleged violation of the Act to Prevent Pollution from Ships, obstruction of justice and conspiracy, resulting in the United States Attorney’s Office and the Environmental Crimes Section of the Department of Justice dismissing all charges against the defendant, who had been facing 15–21 months in prison.
- Successfully defended a city that had received a target letter in a Clean Water Act criminal investigation. Negotiated with the Department of Justice and EPA resulting in no charges being filed against the city.
- Successfully defended a large textile manufacturer client in a Clean Water Act investigation involving legacy contamination at one of its manufacturing facilities. The matter resulted in no criminal charges being filed against the company or any individuals.