Our Government Contracts Group represents clients in pre-award and post-award bid protests at the federal, state, and local levels around the country. We also work with government contractors during contract negotiations, advising on the ways they can achieve contract compliance and limit the risk of disputes. Some of our many protest representations include:
- Protested before the Department of the Navy an award of a telecommunications and cable services contract on behalf of a major cable company, resulting in a reversal and an award to our client of the multiyear, multimillion-dollar contract. Then we defended a Government Accountability Office (GAO) protest of the new award to our client of the same contract by the incumbent contractor, which was dismissed on standing grounds.
- Represented a technology contractor in a protest before the GAO involving issues of theft of company secrets, procurement integrity, and an improper cost realism analysis.
- Protested to the GAO the award of a State Department contract for media services to the government of Afghanistan.
- Represented an unsuccessful offeror in a GAO protest of a General Services Administration (GSA) decision to relocate a regional Environmental Protection Agency headquarters.
- Represented an offeror for the award of a land purchase by the GSA to build a new Department of Health and Human Services data facility in a GAO protest, convincing the agency to take corrective action before the announcement of the GAO’s decision.
- Defended a protest before the Small Business Administration (SBA) of our client’s small business status, allowing the client to retain more than 30 government contracts.
- Protested to the GAO and SBA the award of a contract by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to a company that wrongly claimed that it was a small business entitled to a set-aside contract due to affiliations, which resulted in the award of the contract to our client.
- Defended a size protest against a medical transcription company selling transcription services under the GSA’s Multiple Award Schedule program.
- Serving as national coordinating counsel for one of the nation’s largest health care insurers on state Medicaid/CHIP bid protests and open records litigation matters. Our role includes advising on preparing for and litigating bid protests (as awardee/intervenor or as an unsuccessful offeror). Won a sustained protest by the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania in an en banc appeal that resulted in the client’s retention of its Medicaid contracts in Pennsylvania’s $13 billion program.