Our Government Ethics & Compliance team advises corporations, trade associations, political entities, political action committees (PACs), foreign principals, and individuals on compliance with the laws regulating political activity, lobbying, federal campaign fundraising and contributions, gifts, travel, and entertainment in connection with government officials.
The team represents clients before government enforcement entities and regulators, including the Federal Election Commission, Department of Justice, Government Accountability Office, and congressional committees.
- Providing advice and counsel to clients engaging with federal government entities and officials to help ensure compliance with reporting obligations and all relevant rules and regulations.
- Counseling clients as they work through federal government investigations or inquiries, penalty proceedings, and testimony before congressional hearings.
- Performing in-depth compliance audits and assisting clients in developing and implementing political activity compliance policies and procedures.
- Advising clients on the disclosure of potential violations to relevant federal officials.
- Advising clients on mechanisms for personal and corporate contributions to federal elections, including the establishment and administration of various types of PACs and political entities.
- Advising nonprofits and businesses on lobbying compliance with the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act and advocacy for political and ballot initiatives.