The Government Ethics and Compliance team advises corporations, trade associations, political entities, political action committees (PACs), foreign principals and individuals on compliance with the laws regulating political activity, lobbying, federal campaign fundraising and contributions, gifts, travel and entertainment in connection with government officials.
The team represents clients before government enforcement entities and regulators, including the Federal Election Commission, the Department of Justice, congressional committees and the Government Accountability Office.
- Provide advice and counsel to clients engaging with federal government entities and officials to help ensure compliance with reporting obligations and all relevant rules and regulations.
- Counsel clients as they work through federal government investigations or inquiries, penalty proceedings and testimony before congressional hearings.
- Perform in-depth compliance audits and assist clients in developing and implementing political activity compliance policies and procedures.
- Advise clients on the disclosure of potential violations to relevant federal officials.
- Advise clients on mechanisms for personal and corporate contributions to federal elections, including the establishment and administration of various types of PACs and political entities.