Our China Business Team is composed of lawyers and advisors across multiple offices and regions and offers Chinese clients one of the most comprehensive and experienced teams to advise clients on the myriad legal needs that arise in U.S.–China business deals. Our lawyers and professionals blend an extensive knowledge of Chinese systems, customs, and laws with practical, business-oriented advice to help Chinese clients expand and successfully maintain their business in the U.S. and to help foreign companies understand issues that may arise in China.
We have decades of experience handling cross-border transactions and issues that arise in China trade. Our lawyers work seamlessly across our offices in Beijing, Silicon Valley, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, New York, and Atlanta to provide our clients with best-in-class legal services across a variety of U.S. legal needs. Our lawyers are qualified in multiple jurisdictions and are fluent in Mandarin, Taiwanese, and other Chinese dialects.
Our multipractice team comprises professionals across a wide range of legal disciplines to ensure that Chinese businesses operate efficiently and successfully within the parameters outlined by the U.S. legal system.
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Corporate – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate – U.S. Counsel for APAC Securities Market Listings
- International Trade, Customs, Sanctions, and Exports
- Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)
- Legislative & Public Policy
- Products Liability Litigation
- International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution
- Patent Prosecution, Counseling & Review
- Green Chemistry, Chemical, and Product Regulation
In addition, the attorneys of the China Business Team regularly collaborate with experts among Alston & Bird’s vast array of specialty areas and provide clients with insight in areas ranging from antitrust to wealth planning.
We frequently collaborate with local Chinese law firms to provide the best legal counsel and representation to our clients on issues in China, including assisting clients in understanding Chinese business requirements.