Policy Drafting and Product Development
Alston & Bird’s insurance and regulatory compliance attorneys help clients navigate the often complex waters of product development and policy drafting and revision. Our Insurance Litigation & Regulation Group has widespread experience with drafting and negotiating insurance policy terms and conditions, reviewing and providing advice regarding companies’ existing and proposed insurance portfolios, assisting in the development of various insurance products and products with insurance-like components, and advising on whether and how companies’ proposed or actual products may implicate insurance regulatory requirements. Our experience spans across all lines of insurance, both nationally and internationally.
- Regularly advise clients on insurance coverage needs across all lines of insurance.
- Negotiate and draft insurance policy terms and conditions, with a particular focus on cyber and media liability insurance coverage.
- Counsel insurance companies on the issuance of stop loss insurance to insure liability of self-funded ERISA health plans.
- Assist clients with the formation and operation of risk retention and risk purchasing groups.
- Advise insurance companies on regulatory compliance issues in connection with the implementation of new payment models.
- Counsel clients on the development of life insurance premium finance products and investments.
- Assist with the bundling of insurance and non-insurance products.
- Provide counsel to major mobile phone and credit card clients concerning the product design of insurance offerings to complement cell phone and credit card services.
- Counsel on reinsurance programs.
- Advise clients on price and service guarantees and similar products.
- Provided counsel on the formation and operation of private health insurance exchanges.
- Assisted a medical supply and consulting company in developing a risk purchasing group program through which physician customers can purchase malpractice and other liability insurance.
- Advised an automobile information and technology platform provider on offering various benefits in connection with the purchase of automobiles.
- Counseled a captive insurance company owned by a global capital management company regarding the structure of a litigation expense product.