- Negotiated complex audit resolution agreements for national and regional banks, broker-dealers and mutual funds undergoing multistate, third-party unclaimed property audits.
- Led unclaimed property and state tax diligence efforts in numerous multimillion-dollar corporate transactions.
- Represented dozens of Fortune 500 companies across various industries in multistate unclaimed property audits.
- Provided planning and advice for the implementation and restructuring of national companies' gift card and loyalty programs.
- Drafted legal opinions on unclaimed property issues related to gift cards and other prepaid products in support of revenue recognition efforts.
- Negotiated voluntary disclosure agreements for income, sales and use taxes with multiple state revenue departments.
Michael has established himself as a creative strategist in the fast-moving world of state tax and unclaimed property. Clients rely on Michael to provide practical planning advice and technical guidance on a wide variety of cutting-edge issues, including those impacting financial services and stored value card programs.