- Synthesized numerous novel small molecule target compounds and further characterized the properties and pharmacological activity of many of those compounds. Designed and conducted synthesis of carbohydrate derivatives under a federal grant for use as tissue preservatives in organ harvesting and transplant.
- Represented Advaxis Inc., a biopharmaceutical company developing immunotherapies, in a clinical collaboration and licensing deal with Amgen Inc. for a preclinical candidate involving $65 million in upfront cash and equity investment with $475 million in development, regulatory and sales milestones and tiered royalties on net sales.
- During reexamination proceedings, defended four patents that cover a client’s pharmaceutical products, representing over $1 billion in sales annually.
- Conducted due diligence investigations for pharmaceutical clients seeking to acquire early- and late-stage drug candidates.
- Managed an emerging pharmaceutical company’s patent estate covering a small molecule drug candidate (now in clinical trials) and assisted in due diligence that attracted multimillion-dollar funding for the company.
- Developed patent strategies for international patent portfolios covering a range of technologies for large multinational corporations, startup pharmaceutical companies and biotech companies.
- Worked with in-house counsel and university technology transfer personnel on contract issues, including research collaboration and licensing agreements.
Bryan's clients rely on his years of experience in intellectual property counseling and his focus on developing, executing and enforcing worldwide market exclusivity strategies for their core assets. Pharmaceutical, chemical and biotechnology companies of all sizes call on Bryan for portfolio growth, management and acquisition, due diligences and strategic partnering.