No matter how much effort you might expend in negotiating a perfect contract or working with your government contracting partner in good faith, there will inevitably be disputes. Our Government Contracts Group includes professionals skilled at navigating the processes and laws at the federal and state levels in resolving disputes. We litigate, when necessary, to protect our clients before administrative hearings officers, state courts, and of course, all the federal forums, including the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Civilian and Armed Forces Boards of Contract Appeals, Federal Circuit, and federal district and appellate courts. Examples of our government contract claims and disputes representations and other litigation include:
- Represented a major U.S. financial institution in resolving its $10 million claim in the Court of Federal Claims against the Department of Defense (DOD) arising out of the DOD’s nationwide shipping and transportation funding contract.
- Convinced the General Services Administration (GSA) to reverse and withdraw a government claim for overcharges against an FSS technology and software reseller in the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals.
- Prosecuted and settled a claim involving a billing dispute with the Department of Veterans Affairs on behalf of a medical transcription contractor.
- Served as counsel to a major public company in a multimillion-dollar dispute over the terms of a pilot cooperative agreement, settling the matter in the face of an eight-figure claim asserted by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Represented a major health insurer in a breach-of-contract claim and related claims by competitors arising out of the beneficiary assignment process for a state Medicaid contract.
- Represented four defendants in a qui tam False Claims Act lawsuit alleging sales of products to the federal government that were claimed to be noncompliant with the Trade Agreements Act.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order against a Georgia state agency from disclosing our incumbent contractor client’s proprietary information in its proposal for a follow-on award.
- Converted a termination for default by a DOD agency of an order under a GSA Multiple Award Schedule contract into a termination for convenience.
- Appealed and obtained reversal of a termination for default by the Defense Contract Management Agency.
- Represented a small subcontractor on a government-owned, contractor-operated (GOCO) project for the Department of Energy on a multimillion-dollar claim for payment and termination for a convenience settlement proposal.
- Prosecuted a claim against the GSA arising out of construction at a federal courthouse.
- Served as counsel to the claimant, an international construction firm, in a claim arising out of the construction of a forensic laboratory for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The dispute was settled before trial for a multimillion-dollar recovery for our client.
- Represented the prime contractor in prosecuting claims against the Army Corps of Engineers relating to the construction of a satellite launch facility at Edwards Air Force Base in California.