John Weiss spoke on the panel "Sponsor Blowup, Bankruptcy & Workout of a TIC: How Would it Impact the Industry?" on December 11, 10:00am - 10:45am, during this seminar hosted by Information Management Network (IMN). John's panel discussed the following topics.
• Can a TIC go bankrupt?
• Individual tenant bankruptcy
• Workout strategies when negotiating with lenders
• Can an impasse result in a bankruptcy?
• What are the early warning signs of a TIC going down?
• Serial bankruptcies: A possibility?
With the explosive growth in the TIC market, IMN provided the industry with a venue for exchanging ideas and gaining valuable insights. The following topics were discussed during the conference.
• Macroeconomic Outlook for the TIC Market
• President/CEO Roundtable Discussion
• Financing Issues
• Sales & Compliance Issues
• Market Liquidity & Exit Strategies
• Alternative Assets/Property Types
• Broker-Dealer Regulatory & Compliance Issues
• First-Time Sponsors
• Financial Advisors' Roundtable
• Finding Investors & Raising Funds
• Due Diligence
December 10-11, 2009
The Westin New York at Times Square / New York, NY