Alston & Bird and Clean Tech Los Angeles hosted this event addressing renewable energy, carbon reduction and distributed generation. Top energy leaders discussed how California is leading the way in these areas and where we are headed. Questions covered included the following.
- Where is energy going in California and how do we marry up renewable and energy reliability?
- Where are the Clean Tech jobs going to come from?
- Will renewable energy deliver on its potential and when?
- What does traditional energy's future look like?
- Are we headed for a renewable energy bubble burst?
- How do we make traditional energy cleaner and more efficient?
- How will AB32 (California's Global Warming Solutions Act) affect California's business climate?
October 11, 2011
4:30pm - 8:00pm
City Club / 333 S. Grand Avenue, 54th Floor / Los Angeles, CA
Susan Kennedy, Senior Policy Advisor at Alston & Bird (and former Chief of Staff to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger), was joined by Mary Nichols, Chairman - California Air Resources Board, and Michael Picker, Senior Advisor to the Governor for Renewable Energy Facilities. Jon Gordon, Partner at Alston & Bird, served as the moderator.
Photos from this event appeared in the Daily Journal and the Los Angeles Business Journal.