Matt Hedstrom and Kendall Houghton were featured presenters during this webinar sponsored by BNA. The following topics were covered during the program.
- The history of the Multistate Tax Compact and why states decided to sign it.
- The Gillette litigation and the main arguments raised by Gillette and the FTB.
- What California SB 1015 was designed to do and whether there are arguments that it does not achieve these objectives.
- Litigation and administrative rulings on the Gillette issue in other states.
- Several potential advantages/opportunities of being able to elect to file corporate income tax returns using UDITPA’s apportionment and allocation scheme.
- Several potential advantages and disadvantages of filing refund claims in different states in response to Gillette.
- The potential review of the Gillette decision by the United States Supreme Court.
December 12, 2012