- Representing many of the largest financial sector companies (introducing and clearing broker-dealers, mutual fund complexes, banks, etc.) as well as insurance companies defending against industry-focused multistate unclaimed property examinations conducted by contract audit firms including Kroll and Kelmar.
- Represented retail and oil and gas sector defendants in Delaware False Claims Act litigation concerning the unclaimed property treatment of unredeemed gift cards.
- Assisted numerous clients with the defense of multistate unclaimed property audits conducted by third-party audit firms, and negotiated settlements with audit-participating states.
- Co-authored an amicus brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court that suggested grounds upon which the Court eventually disposed of a state tax discrimination challenge.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a client in litigation with the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue over the proper apportionment methodology for a media/broadcasting company.
Chair of the Tax Area
- Phone: +1 202 239 3673
- Email: email@example.com
Kendall has been at the forefront of both the state and local tax and unclaimed property fields. She designs and delivers solutions for clients seeking risk management strategies, audit defense, and litigation counsel. Kendall’s technical credentials span industries and issues, enabling her to efficiently advise a diverse client base.