Alston & Bird hosted a West Coast Finance Forum on Tuesday, November 17, 2015, from 3-5pm at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel. Partners Mark Harris, Gregg Loubier, Pat Sargent and Nanci Weissgold spoke on issues impacting real estate finance, examining the Southern California market in terms of growth and maturity and national and Southern California specific perspectives on private & preferred equity and debt.
Private & Preferred Equity:
• Investor opportunity – which sectors have the most long- & short-term upside?
• Foreign investment and EB-5 investment programs
• Ever-evolving deal terms and structures after the financial crisis
• Impact of rising interest rates on the competitive environment
• Trends affecting availability of mortgage capital, including the refi bubble, rising interest rates and capital market volatility
• Heightened competition between bank and non-bank sources – drivers & lender responses
• Regulatory impacts: “high volatility commercial real estate” rules, Reg AB and other emerging regulation
• How to overcome challenges to financing real estate assets – borrower and mortgage broker perspectives on strategies & opinion of debt products
General CLE credit was available for California. Additional states available upon request.
For more information, please contact Erin Boswell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.444.1165
November 17, 2015
3:00pm - 6:00pm
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel / Venice Room / 1700 Ocean Avenue / Santa Monica, CA