Martha Doty will be a featured speaker on the panel “The Latest Developments in Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination Claims: Examining Recent Court Rulings, EEOC Activity, and Litigation Trends,” at this conference hosted by the American Conference Institute (ACI).
This panel will discuss:
- Examining the latest court activity and key rulings involving claims of sexual orientation and gender identity/transgender/gender expression discrimination (e.g., cases involving hiring, firing, failure to promote, failure to provide bathroom access to corresponding gender identity, unequal pay, harassment, etc.)
- The latest case law surrounding an employer’s denial of spousal benefits to an employee’s same-sex spouse
- Where are the courts drawing the line between discrimination on the basis of gender stereotyping and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/sexual identity?
- The latest EEOC activity surrounding this issue – what is Trump’s Administration doing with this?
- Understanding the protections afforded to LGBT employees in your particular state, and navigating such discrimination claims amidst inconsistent and uncertain legal guidelines
- Practical guidance for employers on how to handle transgender employees within the workplace – navigating unknown territory:
o What policies should be established?
o What training should be provided to employees and supervisors?
o What complaint reporting procedures should be in place?
o What accommodations should be provided to transgender employees?
For more information, click here.