Brian Frey will participate in this panel hosted by the Association of Corporate Counsel National Capital Region (ACC NCR).
When transacting business over seas and litigation ensues, internal investigations become very complicated. This program will address the challenges that businesses face when conducting internal investigations implicating foreign jurisdictions and provide insights on how to manage those challenges. The topics of discussion will include:
- Managing the initial response when a problem is identified.
- Practical and legal challenges with cross-border data collection and review.
- Interviewing witnesses at home and abroad.
- How to decide whether to voluntarily disclose a problem to the U.S. government or foreign authorities.
- Coordinating with the U.S. government and working towards a resolution.
- Remedial measures and the path forward after a problem is resolved.
(1.5 hours of Virginia Bar MCLE credit pending.)
Click here for more information.