In response to our clients’ growing interest in the development of therapies and other FDA-regulated consumer products derived from cannabis and its components, including cannabidiol (CBD), Alston & Bird has gathered experienced attorneys from across our firm to form a team that serves the needs of this developing area. Our team includes attorneys from coast to coast in our Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, and Dallas offices. This three-part webinar series will begin on May 29.
Part One: FDA to Hold Public Hearings on CBD – What Could Result?
The FDA has scheduled a public hearing for May 31, 2019. This webinar will discuss the possible implications of this pivotal FDA event. Our team will discuss:
- Likely federal and state enforcement initiatives
- The FDA’s new high-level working group
- Pathways to using CBD in supplements and foods
- What statutory or regulatory changes might be needed
- The prospect of congressional intervention
- Expectations for issuing warning letters to companies marketing CBD products
- Implications for the wider cannabis industry, federally and in the states
Questions? Please contact Abby Forness at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.881.7824.