Sean Sullivan will present at the NJ HFMA Compliance, Audit, Risk & Ethics (Care) Forum. His session is titled “HIPAA & Information Blocking Update.” This session covers updates to HIPAA law as well as the 21st Century CURES Act. The presentation will also cover:
- Identifying key components of the information blocking rule, including what is information blocking, who the rule applies to, what information is covered, and what exceptions are available
- Sharing an analysis of the impact of the information blocking rule on HIPAA and review of the interplay between the two
- Providing a checklist for compliance considerations
- Discussing approaches to tougher scenarios, such as laboratory reports, clinical notes, technology limitations, and minors
- Reviewing information blocking enforcement mechanisms
Click here to learn more.