Angela Spivey will co-lead the discussion “Plaintiff’s Complaint Survived Your Motion to Dismiss. Now What? Use of Marketing Experts, and Economic Experts to Defeat Class Certification” at this forum hosted by The Litigation Series.
Despite best efforts to convince the Court to dismiss the complaint, the Court has decided it wants to see factual development of whether the consumers are in fact mislead as plaintiff alleges. Will you offer your own consumer expert to show the Court they are not? This session will discuss defense approaches to use of experts at the motion for class certification stage. Topics will include:
- Consumer surveys
- Critiquing plaintiff’s survey expert
- Offering defense consumer survey on issues of deception, materiality, exposure
- Other forms of consumer expert evidence, such as market behavior
- Economic experts
- Critiquing plaintiff’s economist
- Offering defense economic analysis of price premium
- Other forms of economic analysis
- Discussion of experts frequently used by plaintiffs’ counsel
- Identifying emerging experts
For more information, click here.