Alston & Bird has been recognized as a market leader representing both patent owners and petitioners in inter-partes review (IPR) proceedings.
In its 2018 IPR Intelligence Report, Patexia Inc. ranks Alston & Bird among both the top 25 most active law firms overall and the top 25 best performing law firms overall.
The report covers the activity and performance of more than 1,100 law firms across 7,751 IPR challenges between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2018.
Among the report’s other findings, Alston & Bird also ranks as one of the:
- Top 10 best performing law firms representing petitioners
- Top 25 most active law firms representing petitioners
- Top 50 best performing law firms representing patent owners
- Top 50 most active law firms representing patent owners
Additionally, the report identifies the following Alston & Bird attorneys among the best in IPR:
- Chris Douglas – ranked among the top 10 best performing attorneys representing petitioners; top 50 most active attorneys representing patent owners; top 50 most active attorneys overall; and top 50 best performing attorneys overall.
- Mike Connor and Lauren Burrow – ranked among the top 10 best performing attorneys representing patent owners.
- Ben Pleune – ranked among the top 50 best performing attorneys overall.
Founded in 2010, Patexia Inc. is an intellectual property community and information service. This is the second year of its IPR Intelligence Report, which is based on data compiled from public sources, including the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records).