Alston & Bird has been recognized once again as a global leader in trademark law in the 2023 edition of the World Trademark Review 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals.
Alston & Bird earned two state rankings and four individual lawyer rankings in this year’s report.
Ranked states are:
- North Carolina, where the firm received a gold ranking and is described by the publication as follows: “Alston & Bird offers expert, commercially focused IP strategy for companies in all industries. Sophisticated, well-rounded and service focused, the North Carolina team is a smart choice for good tactics and robust brand protection."
- Georgia, where the firm was ranked silver. As highlighted in the report: “The trademark and copyright practice at Alston & Bird boasts robust and comprehensive expertise in all areas of soft intellectual property. With solid international experience, the team expertly navigates global brand management and tricky disputes.”
The ranked attorneys are:
- Jason Rosenberg earned a gold ranking and leads the firm’s Trademark & Copyright group out of its Atlanta office. He is described by the publication as a “skilled litigator with particular abilities in battling international counterfeiting.”
- David Stewart, who earned a gold ranking, and Nadya Sand, ranked bronze, are based in the firm’s Atlanta office. The publication highlights that Stewart “brings a depth of insight in branding to his all-round IP offering. He and Nadya Sand, whom clients also look to for all-encompassing brand management and sophisticated portfolio strategy, regularly team up for the prosecution and enforcement of NASCAR’s and Chick-fil-A’s global trademark portfolios.”
- Larry Jones, based in the firm’s Charlotte office, earned a silver ranking. He is highlighted in the report as a litigator and brand counselor “who focuses especially on achieving solid protection for patrons in multinational markets.”
Now in its 13th year, the World Trademark Review 1000 is an annual guide published by World Trademark Review honoring the top law firms and lawyers working on trademark prosecution and enforcement matters.