Media & Defamation
- Obtained full dismissal of U.S. defamation claims against a foreign citizen arising from international media and political attention to work related to a U.S. presidential campaign.
- Defending an entertainer and entrepreneur against defamation and other tort claims related to the client’s successful consumer products business. Achieved full grant of motion to dismiss multiple claims in initial complaint.
- Obtained a summary judgment ruling dismissing all claims in a $50 million defamation action brought by a former record company executive and music producer against a production company and on-air talent on a highly rated reality television show.
- Counseling companies and individuals concerning rights and risks associated with libel, slander, and related defamation claims.
- Obtained a summary judgment ruling dismissing a defamation action brought by a former chief-level executive against a national public bank and its CEO.
Industrials & Manufacturing
- Representing Taishan Gypsum Co. Ltd. in the high-profile Chinese drywall product liability litigation pending before the Eastern District of Louisiana as a multidistrict litigation seeking classwide damages.
- Lead counsel for a textile manufacturer in more than 100 property tort civil suits arising from the largest river fish kill in Georgia history.
- Secured Eleventh Circuit entry of a defense judgment on all claims, vacating an adverse jury verdict, on behalf of a textile manufacturer and its corporate ownership in a dispute brought by a corporate partner in a textile manufacturing joint venture.
- Defended a major computer manufacturer against claims of fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and breach of warranty for alleged defects in computer components in a federal case that garnered significant national media attention, including prominent coverage in The New York Times and CNNMoney.
- Obtained a summary judgment ruling dismissing all claims against a major computer manufacturer client in a putative class action alleging breach of warranty and unfair and deceptive trade practices arising from nationwide media attention of prior lawsuits regarding alleged defects in computer components.
- Obtained a grant of preliminary injunction on behalf of a client, forcing the opponent to continue purchasing from the client, securing several million dollars of continuing profits for the client during the course of the litigation and preventing the likely close of the client’s manufacturing facility.
- Prosecuted a declaratory judgment action to resist an extra-contractual price hike from a supplier to a client manufacturer, ultimately securing a pennies-on-the-dollar settlement.
- Defended a public manufacturing client in federal court against a raw material supplier seeking multimillion-dollar damages for an alleged breach of a supply contract, ultimately securing a favorable eve-of-trial settlement.