- Substantial appellate practice experience in multiple jurisdictions, including the Second Circuit, Third Circuit, Eleventh Circuit, D.C. Circuit, New York’s Appellate Divisions, the Supreme Court of New Jersey, and a petition for certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Represented manufacturing companies in various commercial litigation matters throughout the U.S.
- Adviser to private equity funds on various risk avoidance/adversarial matters and real estate-related litigation in various jurisdictions.
- Represented foreign banks in various bankruptcy litigation matters, including a multimillion-dollar federal turnover proceeding.
- Represented foreign sovereigns or their agencies in various international litigation matters.
- Represented the German Treuhandanstalt (Trust Authority) in connection with complex federal litigation in New York that arose out of the reunification of Germany.
- Defended a major consumer products company in an alleged breach of contract arbitration and parallel injunction proceedings in New York.
- Represented a major telecommunications company in complex FRAND-related litigation in U.S. courts.
- Defended a major pharmaceutical company in products liability litigation seeking wrongful death damages in New York.
- Represented the U.S. subsidiary of a foreign government-owned broadcast company in connection with significant antitrust litigation.
- Recovered a multimillion-dollar artwork through federal litigation on behalf of a foreign estate.
- Phone: +1 212 210 9471
- Email: email@example.com
For high-stakes commercial litigation and arbitration, Karl uses a pragmatic approach. He assesses cases early and efficiently, and collaborates with clients to form the right strategy and ultimately support business goals. Karl represents U.S. based companies as well as a variety of international clients and their affiliates on domestic and cross-border disputes.