- Tried and won a complete defense verdict of a certified class action on behalf of a nonprofit preschool wherein the class alleged the preschool violated various health and safety regulations, giving rise to liability under California’s Unfair Competition Law.
- Represented a publicly traded education company in multiple state and federal jurisdictions in nationwide consumer fraud class actions, securities fraud class actions, and derivative litigation arising from alleged advertising misrepresentations.
- Served as national TCPA litigation counsel for a publicly traded proprietary education company defending numerous putative class actions, individual lawsuits, and pre-litigation claims.
- Represented a financial services company in a state FCA action alleging manipulation of municipal bond pricing.
- Represented a small business loan originator in a TCPA putative class action.
Government & Internal Investigations
- Represented a publicly traded education company facing consumer fraud claims before the Department of Justice and various state attorneys general.
- Represented a manufacturing company in a federal FCA investigation related to a National Science Foundation research grant.
- Represented a proprietary education company in connection with an investigation by the FTC alleging false and deceptive advertising.
- Represented a publicly traded proprietary education company in multiple federal FCA actions alleging violations of Title IV regulations.
- Conducted internal investigations for colleges and universities related to alleged compliance violations, whistleblower complaints, employee theft, and other company concerns, including investigations involving senior management.
Regulatory & Compliance
- Providing ongoing counsel to a nonprofit education system regarding regulatory and compliance matters, corporate governance, accreditation, Title IV, and commercial transactions.
- Counseling institutions on issues related to incentive compensation, marketing, advertising and telemarketing, and best practices for internal investigations.