- Won a dismissal, at the pleading stage, of all class allegations in a “claims mishandling” class action against an insurer.
- Served as lead counsel in cases covering claims mishandling, repricing cost of insurance rates and expense charges, modal premiums, contract interpretation, state consumer protection laws, fraud and breach of fiduciary duties, annuity sales practices, alleged misuse of master policies, use of alleged improper groups and unfair business practices.
- Convinced a district court to strike class allegations in a claims mishandling case, while at the same time obtaining a dismissal with prejudice of all of the elder abuse, fraud and statutory claims asserted in the complaint.
- Argued numerous class certification motions in courts throughout the country, as well as on appeal, including before the Florida Supreme Court.
- Forced large-scale insurance disputes into arbitration when arbitration was required under the terms of the operative agreements.
- Represented insurers in internal investigations and market conduct examinations.
- Represented insurers in disputes concerning large-scale, retrospectively rated workers’ compensation, general liability and employer liability programs.
- Represented a liquidator of an insolvent insurance company, briefing an appeal before the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Defeated a motion for class certification in arbitration before the American Arbitration Association (AAA).