- Counsel to various developers and managers in the negotiation of programmatic and one-off joint ventures for the development of build-to-rent communities of single-family homes.
- Counsel to various developers and managers in the negotiation of programmatic joint ventures for the acquisition, rehabilitation, stabilization, and sale of scattered single-family rental assets.
- Counsel to various developers, investors, and managers in the negotiation of joint ventures for multifamily, resort, mixed-use, and retail developments.
- Fund formation counsel to various real estate investment fund managers, including registered investment advisors, for both institutional and retail funds.
- Counsel to various registered investment advisors in the negotiation of separately managed accounts.
- Counsel to investors in various solar power facility development projects and joint ventures.
- Counsel to various fund sponsors and managers in roll-up and reorganization transactions involving real estate and real-estate-related assets.
- Counsel to borrowers in construction loans to finance development of various real estate assets, including build-to-rent assets and scattered single-family residential assets.
- Counsel to a public, non-listed REIT in the launch of a 1031 DST syndication program.
- Counsel to various investment funds and a bank in the formation of captive REITs to hold real estate assets and mortgage-backed securities.
- Counsel to various sponsors of commingled qualified opportunity funds, with targeted investments including real estate development projects, renewable energy development projects and startups, and operating companies.
- Counsel to investors in various commingled and captive qualified opportunity funds.
- Counsel to investors in the negotiation of multiple unincorporated joint venture arrangements.
Branson Lee advises real estate investment funds, REITs, and other alternative investment vehicles on securities and tax matters related to fund formation, structuring, securities offerings, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. He also represents asset managers and real estate developers in a broad array of matters, including development joint ventures, debt financings, management contract negotiations, and various compliance matters. Branson has counseled fund sponsors, investors, and developers on structuring qualified opportunity funds and investments in qualified opportunity zones.
- New York
- New York University (LL.M., 2013)
- The University of North Carolina (J.D., 2012)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.S., 2009)