- Counsel to a regional bank holding company in its $1.8 billion merger with a competitor to form one of the 25 largest banking organizations in the U.S.
- Represented a super-regional financial services and banking corporation in its $497 million sale of energy loans to certain funds and accounts managed by a leading global private equity investment group.
- Represented a U.S.-based independent provider of fund administration services to private equity, venture capital, and real estate managers in its acquisition of a Luxembourg-based fund administration and corporate services provider.
- Counsel to one of the nation’s largest health care insurance companies in its tender offer for a publicly held corporation.
- Represented a super-regional bank in its “merger of equals” in a transaction with a market value of $6 billion.
- Represented one of the five largest U.S. bank holding companies in the acquisition of an insurance agency for approximately $250 million, resulting in the 10th largest U.S. insurance agency.
- Represented issuers and underwriters in community bank securities offerings, raising more than $15 billion of capital in the aggregate.
- Counsel to a number of private equity firms and other investment vehicles in their investments in financial institutions.
- Represented a bank holding company in the auction and sale of its international timber investment management business to a Brazilian investment management company.
- Represented an asset management institution in its sale of an energy infrastructure master limited partnership and its related mutual funds.
- Represented one of the largest diversified insurance companies in its $1.2 billion sale of variable life insurance and annuity businesses and its proprietary mutual fund complex.
- Represented an investment adviser in its sale of control/joint venture to a public company in a deal valued at $120 million.
- Represented one of the world’s largest providers of group and individual income protection products in common stock offerings of $935 million, $500 million of senior and subordinated debt and $575 million of adjustable conversion-rate equity security units, and $150 million of subordinated debt.
Randy Moore is co-chair of Alston & Bird’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, SEC compliance, corporate finance, and related strategic matters, with a particular emphasis on the financial services industry (including banks, investment advisers, broker-dealers, and insurance companies). He represents private and public companies, investment banking firms, and private equity groups throughout the country. Randy regularly provides advice to board members and management teams on structuring and negotiating complex corporate transactions, and represents companies and investment banks in public and private offerings of equity, debt, and hybrid securities.
Randy is the chair of the firm’s Investment Committee, where he has served since 2011. He has also served in a variety of leadership positions during more than 25 years at Alston & Bird. He is a frequent author and speaker on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, SEC reporting and compliance, securities regulation, corporate governance, and fiduciary duties of boards of directors. For four years, Randy was an adjunct professor at the Emory University School of Law and taught a mergers and acquisitions seminar to third year law students. Randy has been recognized in a number of independent publications as a leading national corporate attorney, including The Best Lawyers in America©, Chambers USA, and M&A Advisor.
- University of Virginia (J.D., 1994)
- American University (B.A., B.A., 1988)
- American Bankers Association
- American Baseball Coaches Association (2010-present)
- CFO Roundtable
- Community Bankers Association of Georgia
- Druid Hills Youth Sports, head coach and coach of youth baseball and travel baseball (2008–present)
- Druid Hills Civic Association and Olmstead Linear Parks
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History, board of trustees (2012-present), co-chair of Development Committee (2015-2016), Finance Committee (2017-present), past co-chair of the Artemis board
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Georgia Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section
- Glenn Memorial Youth Basketball Program, head coach of elementary, middle school, and high school teams (2011-present)
- National Association of Corporate Directors
- Positive Coaching Alliance, certified coach
- Former holder of FINRA Series 7 license and NASAA Series 63 license