- Challenged New Jersey’s alternative minimum tax on Supremacy Clause grounds.
- Challenged Illinois’s denial of sales tax bad debt refunds in federal court litigation.
- Litigated and resolved states’ economic nexus assertions nationwide, including submission of briefs as amicus curiae in Quill and Wayfair.
- Challenged New Jersey’s inclusion in taxable income of non-effectively connected income.
- Litigated the taxability of advertising services for New York state sales tax purposes.
- Advising parties in M&A transactions and significant restructurings.
- Represented taxpayers in nontraditional tax matters, including the New York City unincorporated business and commercial rent taxes, city of Chicago’s lease tax, Illinois franchise tax, and Florida documentary stamp tax.
- Phone: +1 212 210 9413
- Email: email@example.com
Amy’s clients in all industries know they have a champion when approaching multistate tax planning, restructurings, audits, or controversy. She has experience with the traditional and emerging tax issues businesses face, including economic nexus, add backs, apportionment, business/nonbusiness and unitary business determinations, and entity classification.