Insurance Class Action
- Represented life insurers in class action litigation relating to universal life cost-of-insurance rates:
- Frederick D. Taylor v. Midland National Life Insurance Co., No. 4:16-cv-00140 (S.D. Iowa).
- Brighton Trustees, LLC, et al. v. Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Co., No. 3:20-cv-00240 (E.D. Va.).
- PHT Holding II LLC v. North American Company for Life and Health Insurance, No. 4:18-cv-00368 (S.D. Iowa).
- Litigated a coverage dispute involving trigger of sublimited coverage under an excess E&O coverage tower.
- Defended a major property and casualty insurer against claims of bad faith in a declaratory judgment action involving more than 50 defendants and implicating over a dozen insurance companies stemming from a large natural gas explosion occurring at a residence.
- Litigated a declaratory judgment action involving a coverage dispute pertaining to underlying actions alleging multiple serious injuries caused by a product sold by a leading retailer of home goods.
- Litigated a declaratory judgment action involving a dispute relating to coverage under a D&O policy for a class action alleging violations of RESPA and the Sherman Act.