- Defending Microsoft against a lawsuit filed by civil plaintiffs seeking to block the company’s $69 million billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard. Microsoft defeated the plaintiffs’ bid for a preliminary injunction.
- Prosecuting monopolization claims against Keurig Green Mountain on behalf of the McLane Company Inc. in U.S.-based multidistrict litigation.
- Serving as the lead associate on engagements counseling industry leading companies on the use of benchmarking, revenue management, and algorithmic pricing.
- Defended a national retailer against tying claims in federal court, achieving dismissal of all claims at the pleading stage.
Data Privacy Litigation
- Defending a top national insurance carrier in two putative class actions.
- Defended a national pharmacy chain in putative class action in California alleging invasion of privacy and violation of Unfair Competition Law; obtained dismissal of a California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) claim with prejudice; obtained dismissal of out-of-state plaintiffs’ claims with prejudice on jurisdictional grounds.
- Defending various clients in class actions stemming from alleged data breaches in both state and federal courts.
- Representing several judgment creditors in federal court seeking the execution of international arbitration awards received in their favor against Venezuela; successfully litigated an alter ego relationship between Venezuela and a state-owned oil company, Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A (PDVSA), rendering PDVSA’s shares located in the United States vulnerable for attachment.
- Defended appeals before the Second and Fifth Circuit, upholding favorable district court decisions.