- Representing Imperial Sugar Company in the aftermath of a major explosion including: leading company's cooperation with and defense of numerous federal, state and local law enforcement investigations involving ATF, Georgia State Fire Marshall, and Savannah Chatham Metropolitan Police Department; handling responses to media inquiries; assisting with OSHA inspections and FDA/GDA joint inspections; preparing company personnel for Congressional and House Committee on Education and the Workforce hearings; and developing a plan for the defense of potential criminal allegations against the company and/or employees and directors.
- Led an audit committee investigation into accounting irregularities at a publicly traded premier global consumer and commercial services company.
- Represented numerous individual clients involved in audit or special committee investigations.
- Defense of numerous health care service providers against qui tam actions.
- Counseled a publicly traded company on complying with a government mandated monitor as part of a deferred prosecution agreement in an FCPA matter.
- Led an internal investigation for a publicly traded company into allegations of FCPA violations in Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Conducted anticorruption due diligence for numerous clients seeking to expand internationally through acquisitions or as joint venture partners.
- Assisted and counseled numerous clients dealing with cyber intrusions and/or data breaches. Crisis management and response typically included assisting with the investigation and managing the companies' response to state and federal regulators, local, state and federal law enforcement, and the Department of Justice.
- Counsel to one of the largest acute care hospital and health care service providers in the United States in a government investigation relating to Hurricane Katrina and allegations of euthanasia in its aftermath.
- Conducted an internal investigation involving immigration fraud for one of the world's leading producers of home appliances and appliances for professional use.
- Developed a corporate compliance plan for a global leader in the production of outdoor power products.
- Represented a former White House official in the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform's investigation of the circumstances of Corporal Patrick Tillman's death.
- Phone: +1 404 881 7978
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A former assistant U.S. attorney and counsel to the deputy attorney general, Spence is a trial lawyer who helps clients navigate government investigations involving critical business issues. Whether a company is investigating international corruption issues, responding to a data breach, or litigating a false claims act matter, Spence has the experience counseling his clients around the globe.