Mr. Shannon serves as special executive compensation counsel to many publicly traded and closely-held companies, including:
- a global financial security company with a presence in more than 25 countries;
- the leading natural gas producer in the US;
- a Fortune 500 company engaged in the distribution of automobile replacement parts;
- one of America’s largest family-style restaurant chains;
- a leading global supplier of medical products and systems;
- a leading provider of security and identity management technologies for consumer, enterprise and government applications; and
- a leading supplier and manufacturer of building products for residential new construction.
Representative transactional experience
- Counsel to a NYSE-listed company in connection with spin-off of business segment, providing advice on equity and compensation conversions.
- Counsel to a NYSE-listed company in connection with an equity exchange program, providing guidance with respect to the shareholder approval process, corporate governance and international considerations.
- Counsel to a super-regional bank with respect to executive compensation issues in connection with its merger of equals in a transaction valued at $6 billion.
- Counsel to a major U.S. restaurant chain for executive compensation matters in connection with its $1.4 billion acquisition by the world’s largest company-owned restaurant company.
- Counsel to a leading global provider of medical products and systems regarding retention and severance arrangements and “golden parachute” tax planning in connection with its acquisition of a publicly-traded medical device company.
- Counsel to numerous companies with respect to executive compensation issues relating to the initial public offering process.
- Regularly assists companies with implementing equity plans and awards, including innovative award designs that can significantly reduce compensation expense.