- Represented White Cap Supply Holdings, a portfolio company of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, in numerous acquisitions, including of CSI Geoturf, Diamond Tool & Fasteners, Inc., Valley Cash & Carry Inc., National Concrete Accessories Canada Inc., Tri-Supply & Equipment Inc., and the rebar operations of The Cook & Boardman Group, and in the sale of its Contractors’ Warehouse business.
- Represented Specialty Building Products (f/k/a U.S. LUMBER GROUP), a portfolio company of The Jordan Company, in numerous acquisitions, including of Midwest Lumber, Mid-State Lumber, DW Distribution Inc., Millwork Sales, and Amerhart, Ltd.
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners and its portfolio companies in numerous acquisitions, including:
- Lightspeed Systems’ acquisition of CatchOn
- APM Human Services International Limited’s A$225 million acquisition of Equus Workforce Solutions
- AEVEX Aerospace’s acquisitions of Geodetics Inc. and The Matrix Operating Group
- Represented EDG Partners Fund II L.P. and its portfolio companies in numerous transactions, including:
- PointRight’s sale to Net Health Systems Inc.
- MMIS Inc.’s (dba MediSpend) majority investment from Susquehanna Growth Equity LLC
- Represented New England Machinery Inc. (NEM), in the sale of the company to The Massman Companies, a portfolio company of Granite Partners.
- Represented Salvo Technologies Inc. and its shareholders in the recapitalization of the company by DBHCAP LLC and Tides Capital LLC.
- Represented Tricoastal Ventures in its acquisition of Central Flying Service, a provider of business aircraft maintenance and repair services, flight training, on-demand charter services and aircraft sale and brokerage services.
- Represented Forrest Machining Inc., a leading provider of critical structural components and assemblies for the aerospace and defense industry, in its sale to Endeavour Capital.
- Represented Sentek Global Inc., a provider of engineering, cybersecurity, program support and other services to government customers, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Deloitte Consulting LLP.
- Represented Rocky Research, a leading provider of proprietary thermal and power management solutions for military and commercial end-markets, in its acquisition by Honeywell International Inc.
- Represented Pinnacle Data Systems LLC, a leading provider of outsourced printing, mailing, and paperless delivery services to commercial and government clients, in its sale to Doxim Inc., a portfolio company of GI Partners.
- Represented Fortress Investment Group and its affiliates as the successful bidder to acquire the assets of The Krystal Company in a 363 sale process.
- Represented Schweitzer-Mauduit International Inc., a leading global performance materials company, in its $155 million acquisition of Tekra LLC and Trient LLC, converters of high-performance films and substrates.
- Represented RELX plc in its sale of the ComplianceMAX and FIRE Continuing Education businesses of RELX’s National Regulatory Services (NRS) division to RegED, Inc., a portfolio company of Gryphon Investors, and in the sale of its subsidiary Accuity’s NRS business, which provides compliance and registration products and services to financial services firms, to ComplySci, a portfolio company of K1 Capital.
- Represented Elsevier Inc., a subsidiary of RELX plc, in its acquisition of 100% of the stock of Authess Inc., a developer of software-as-a-service products in the field of job readiness and competency assessments.
- Represented Florida Turbine Technologies Inc. (FTT), a leading technology company and innovation leader in advanced turbine engines, in the $60 million sale of an 80.1% interest in the company to Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc., a leading national security solutions provider.
- Represented Mastodon Design LLC in its sale to CACI International Inc. Mastodon is a leader in the rapid design and manufacturing of rugged signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic warfare, and cyber operations products and solutions for the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Represented American Proteins in the $850 million sale of its poultry rendering and blending assets to Tyson Foods.
- Represented STS Aviation Group, a global aviation solutions company, in the sale of a majority interest in the company to Greenbriar Equity Group L.P.
- Represented LinQuest Corporation, a federal government contractor and leading provider of space systems technology solutions to the U.S. defense and intelligence communities, in the sale of a controlling interest to Madison Dearborn Partners and CoVant Management.
Jeremy Silverman is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Corporate & Business Transactions Group. He regularly advises private equity funds and their portfolio companies, other closely held businesses, and publicly traded companies in M&A transactions and other strategic matters. He is particularly well known for his work in the aerospace, defense, and government services sector, where he leads transactions involving federal government contractors and advises clients on corporate matters. Additionally, he frequently assists clients in the health care industry in M&A and other strategic transactions. Jeremy also has extensive non-M&A transactional experience, including assisting clients to structure and effectuate joint venture, strategic alliance, and other complex commercial relationships.
He is recommended by Chambers USA, The Legal 500, listed since 2013 in The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Law, named a Georgia Super Lawyer by Atlanta magazine, and recognized as a member of Georgia’s Legal Elite by Georgia Trend magazine.
- University of Michigan (J.D., 1997)
- Duke University (B.A., 1994)
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Atlanta Habitat for Humanity, board of directors, Executive Committee and general counsel
- Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2023
- The Excel Program at Georgia Institute of Technology, advisory board