- Represented Florida Turbine Technologies Inc. (FTT), a leading technology company and innovation leader in advanced turbine engines, in the $60 million sale of an 80.1 percent interest in the company to Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc., a leading National Security Solutions provider.
- Represented Mastodon Design LLC in its sale to CACI International Inc. Mastodon is a leader in the rapid design and manufacturing of rugged signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic warfare (EW), and cyber operations products and solutions for the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Represented American Proteins in the sale of its poultry rendering and blending assets to Tyson Foods for $850 million.
- Represented STS Aviation Group, a global aviation solutions company, in the sale of a majority interest in the company to Greenbriar Equity Group, L.P.
- Represented LinQuest Corporation, a federal government contractor and leading provider of space systems technology solutions to the U.S. defense and intelligence communities, in the sale of a controlling interest to Madison Dearborn Partners and CoVant Management.
- Represented U.S. Lumber Group, a distributor of specialty building products, in its acquisition of Midwest Lumber.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company that operates a leading network of global futures, equity and equity options exchanges, and global clearing and data services across financial and commodity markets in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of a global extranet and wireless services business; its acquisition of a provider of compliance training software and mobile applications primarily for the financial services industry; and its acquisition of a leading provider of technology, software, and information services to the commodities industry.
- Represented a health care industry focused private equity fund in various acquisition and investment transactions, including its acquisition and subsequent sale of a health information management services company that provides coding, auditing, and staffing solutions for hospitals and other health care facilities; the sale of its portfolio company, a leading national provider of hospice durable medical equipment; and its acquisition of a provider of health-care-related data, analytics, and decision support services to hospitals, long-term care companies, and insurance companies.
- Represented a leading technology company that provides solutions to both the government and commercial sectors in the sale of its government IT services business to a private equity firm for $690 million.
- Represented a private equity firm specializing in investments across the business services, information services, media, education, and communications sectors in the sale of a leading provider of early education services to a private equity firm based in Charlottesville, Virginia. Also represented the fund in its acquisition of an outdoor advertising company.
- Represented an Atlanta-based two-step building products distributor in its acquisition of a specialty building materials distributor based in Massachusetts, which created the largest private two-step distributor on the East Coast. Additionally, represented the company in its sale to a leading private equity firm based in Chicago.
- Represented a leading aerospace and defense company in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of a provider of specialized engineering services to the National Security Agency and other agencies within the U.S. government intelligence community, and in its acquisition of another company’s interest in a contract with a U.S. intelligence and combat support agency.
- Represented the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer in multiple transactions, including the sale of its convenience and fuel-store business.
- Represented a designer and manufacturer of machine gun mounting systems, small arms, and ordinance components, electronic assemblies, electro-explosive devices, and other military hardware and energetic items, primarily for the U.S. military, in its sale to a new portfolio company of a Colorado-based private equity firm.
- Represented a company specializing in the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of business jets in its sale to a portfolio company of a private equity firm based in Minneapolis.
- Represented one of the largest industrial distribution companies in North America in multiple acquisition transactions.
- Represented an ESOP-owned telecommunications company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a portfolio company of a Pennsylvania-based private equity firm.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of shrink-sleeve and stretch-sleeve labels for consumer and other products in the sale of all of its stock to a private equity fund.
- Represented an Atlanta-based real estate financial services firm and its shareholders in the sale of the company to a global alternative investment firm.
- Represented a national long-term care company, which was a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus with 120 facilities in 17 states, in the sale of the company.
- Represented a food packaging designer in the sale of one of its packaging businesses, a producer of rigid, plastic shipping containers serving the consumer goods, food processing, construction, dairy, petroleum, and other industries, to a portfolio company of a California-based private equity firm.
- Advised the provider of communication services to the intelligence community, U.S. Department of Defense, and Fortune 500 clients in its sale to a portfolio company of a New York-based private equity firm.
Jeremy Silverman is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Corporate Transactions & Securities Group. He regularly advises private equity funds, closely held businesses, and publicly traded companies in M&A transactions and other strategic matters. He is particularly well known for his work in the aerospace, defense, and government services sector, where he leads transactions involving federal government contractors and advises clients on corporate matters. Additionally, he frequently assists clients in the health care industry in M&A and other strategic transactions. Jeremy also has extensive non-M&A transactional experience, including assisting clients to structure and effectuate joint venture, strategic alliance, and other complex commercial relationships.
Jeremy is ranked by Chambers USA as one of Georgia’s leading Corporate/M&A lawyers. He is recommended by The Legal 500, listed since 2013 in The Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Law, named a Georgia Super Lawyer by Atlanta magazine, and recognized as a member of Georgia’s Legal Elite by Georgia Trend magazine.
- University of Michigan (J.D., 1997)
- Duke University (B.A., 1994)
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Autism Speaks Georgia, Board of Directors, Chairman
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, Board of Advisors
- Atlanta Habitat for Humanity, Advisory Council; Board of Directors and Executive Committee, former member
- Anti-Defamation League, Southeast Region, Board of Trustees, former member