- Represented a public HVAC and waterworks distributor based in Australia in its acquisition of a U.S.-based distributor.
- Represented a leading private asset manager in its majority-sale to a Bahrain-based public company.
- Represented a Brazil-based payment merchant in the sale of its U.S. subsidiary to a private equity fund.
- Represented an integrated marketing firm with a focus on biotech and life sciences in its auction process and strategic investment from a private equity sponsor.
- Represented a high-growth design and development consulting firm in its strategic investment from a private equity sponsor.
- Represented a cash technology provider and manufacturer in its sale to a cross-border private equity-backed acquirer.
- Represented a portfolio of retail stores in its strategic investment from a private equity sponsor.
- Represented various asset managers and lending institutions (U.S.-based and UK-based) in equity co-investments into sponsor-backed transactions.
- Represented various international corporations in corporate venture investments and strategic planning related to deploying corporate venture funds.
- Represented New England Machinery Inc. (NEM), in the sale of the company to The Massman Companies, a portfolio company of Granite Partners.
- Represented a leading restaurant franchisor in the negotiation of sponsorship agreements with professional and D-1 teams.
- Represented a leading restaurant franchisor in various commercial agreements.
- Represented American Proteins in the $850 million sale of its poultry rendering and blending assets to Tyson Foods.
- Represented STS Aviation Group, a global aviation solutions company, in the sale of a majority interest in the company to Greenbriar Equity Group L.P.
- Represented LinQuest Corporation, a federal government contractor and leading provider of space systems technology solutions to the U.S. defense and intelligence communities, in the sale of a controlling interest to Madison Dearborn Partners and CoVant Management.
- Represented a leading packaging and paper provider in various acquisitions of converting manufacturing businesses in multiple bolt-on transactions.
- Represented a Fortune 50 logistics company in supply chain agreements.
- Represented a children’s hospital in numerous clinical trial agreements.
- Represented a heat exchanger manufacturer in its strategic acquisition of an industrial shell and tube heat exchanger and air cooler manufacturer.
- Represented a Japanese industrial gas, chemical, medical, energy, and agriculture and food products company in the acquisition of a manufacturer of carbon-dioxide-related equipment based in Georgia.
- Represented a public, India-based global technology integrator in its tender offer and merger with a U.S.-based IT infrastructure provider.
- Represented a global solutions provider to participants in the overall automotive ecosystem in multiple transactions, including the cross-border sale of an international provider of dealer management systems and its investment in a car insurance company with a non-traditional, technology-driven business model.
- Represented Memorial Health University Medical Center in its $700 million sale to HCA.
- Represented a cross-border acquirer of a life sciences company and producer of fine chemical and diagnostic products.
- Represented a Canadian-based manufacturer of coolers and insulated materials in its acquisition of strategic U.S.-based manufacturer.
- Represented startup companies in various industries as outside general counsel, including with formation, financing, contractual, and governance matters.
- Represented FirstCash Inc. in its $2.4 billion merger with Cash America International Inc., which was named “USA Deal of the Year” by Global M&A Network, and in its $1.17 billion acquisition of American First Finance.
- Represented a Japanese paint and coating manufacturer in the acquisition of an architectural paint and coating manufacturer based in the U.S.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in its acquisition of a leading information services company in the foodservice industry.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in its sale of a leading provider of SaaS software to the parking industry.
- Represented several venture capital and private equity firms in investments into portfolio companies and other matters.
Logan Thore is a senior associate in the Corporate & Business Transactions Group. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, securities, corporate governance, and commercial transactions.
Logan is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch” for Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
Logan received his J.D., with honors, from The University of North Carolina School of Law. Logan has also served in the office of general counsel for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, a public company in the biopharmaceutical industry, and a privately held fast-casual restaurant.
- North Carolina
- The University of North Carolina (J.D., 2015)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., 2011)