- Co-lead counsel in arbitration relating to a multibillion-dollar reinsurance trust funding dispute.
- Representing an insurer in briefing and oral argument at the Georgia Supreme Court in a precedent-setting case relating to bad-faith “Holt demand” liability. First Acceptance Insurance Company of Georgia Inc. v. Robert W. Hughes, Jr., No. S18C0517 (Ga.).
- Representing a life insurer against class claims relating to cost-of-insurance rates. Frederick D. Taylor v. Midland National Life Insurance Co., No. 4:16-cv-00140 (S.D. Iowa).
- Representing a life insurer against class claims relating to cost-of-insurance rates. Advance Trust & Life Escrow Services LTA v. North American Company for Life and Health Insurance, No. 4:18-cv-00368 (S.D. Iowa).
- Representing a life insurer against class claims relating to a cost-of-insurance rate adjustment. Brighton Trustees, LLC, et al. v. Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Co., No. 3:20-cv-00240 (E.D. Va.).
Antitrust Litigation and International Arbitration
- Counseling and representing cellular technology owners in global litigation and/or arbitration against potential licensees, typically involving allegations as to breach of antitrust laws or FRAND obligations with over a decade of experience.
- Representing a client as the third-party in front of the Federal Trade Commission relating to a merger investigation.
- Representing the owner of standard essential patents against antitrust claims relating to FRAND licensing. Continental Automotive Systems Inc. v. Avanci LLC, et al., No. 5:19-cv-02520 (N.D. Cal.); No. 3:19-cv-02933 (N.D. Tex.); No. 20-11032 (5th Cir.); No. 2021-0066-NAC (Del. Ch.).
- Representing the owner of standard essential patents in district court litigation and trial relating to FRAND licensing. Ericsson Inc. v. Apple, No. 2:21-cv-00376 (E.D. Tex.).
- Representing a health insurer in antitrust claims relating to reimbursement pricing. VHS Liquidating Trust v. Multiplan, No. CGC-21-594966 (Cal. Superior).