- Co-lead counsel in arbitration relating to a multibillion-dollar reinsurance trust funding dispute.
- Representing an insurer in briefing and oral argument at the Georgia Supreme Court in a precedent-setting case relating to bad-faith “Holt demand” liability. First Acceptance Insurance Company of Georgia Inc. v. Robert W. Hughes, Jr., No. S18C0517 (Ga.).
- Representing a life insurer against class claims relating to cost-of-insurance rates. Frederick D. Taylor v. Midland National Life Insurance Co., No. 4:16-cv-00140 (S.D. Iowa).
- Representing a life insurer against class claims relating to cost-of-insurance rates. Advance Trust & Life Escrow Services LTA v. North American Company for Life and Health Insurance, No. 4:18-cv-00368 (S.D. Iowa).
- Representing a life insurer against class claims relating to a cost-of-insurance rate adjustment. Brighton Trustees, LLC, et al. v. Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Co., No. 3:20-cv-00240 (E.D. Va.).
Antitrust Litigation and International Arbitration
- Counseling and representing cellular technology owners in global litigation and/or arbitration against potential licensees, typically involving allegations as to breach of antitrust laws or FRAND obligations with over a decade of experience.
- Representing the owner of standard essential patents against antitrust claims relating to FRAND licensing. Continental Automotive Systems Inc. v. Avanci LLC, et al., No. 5:19-cv-02520 (N.D. Cal.); No. 3:19-cv-02933 (N.D. Tex.); No. 20-11032 (5th Cir.); No. 2021-0066-NAC (Del. Ch.).
- Representing a contractor against antitrust allegations by a previous contractor. John River Cartage Inc. v. Louisiana Generating LLC, NRG Energy Inc., and Headwaters Resources Inc., No. 44406 Div. C (La. Jud. Dist.); John River Cartage, Inc. v. La. Generating, LLC, 300 So. 3d 437 (La. App. 2020).
- Representing an airport caterer asserting antitrust claims against a competitor and airport. Carolina Catering Corp., d/b/a Sky Caterers v. Aerostar Airport Holdings, et al., No. 3:19-cv-01130 (D.P.R.).
- Representing an opt-out plaintiff in price-fixing litigation relating to optical disk drives. In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation, No. 3:10-md-02143 (N.D. Cal.).