Export Controls and Sanctions Representations
- Represented a U.S. exporter in an investigation and settlement with the Departments of Justice and Commerce regarding unauthorized exports of items for a foreign nuclear facility.
- Represented U.S. and European companies in investigations and voluntary self-disclosures before the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Represented U.S. exporters in U.S. government-mandated audits of their export compliance programs.
- Represented a U.S. exporter in a disclosure to the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls arising from global information technology systems.
- Represented U.S. companies in reviews of potential acquisitions and voluntary self-disclosures to OFAC, BIS, and DDTC of violations by acquired companies.
- Created and Implemented multiple global export and sanctions compliance programs.
Trade Remedies Representations
- Represented Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.) Inc. in steel trade remedy proceedings from 1980 to date.
- Represented Usiminas S.A. in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings on hot-rolled and cold-rolled steel sheet from Brazil.
- Represented Arlanxeo in an antidumping proceeding on emulsion styrene-butadiene rubber from Brazil.
- Represented numerous Chinese companies in antidumping proceedings.
- Represented numerous companies in scope proceedings and anti-circumvention proceedings.
- Represented Tesla Inc. in a Section 201 proceeding on crystalline silicon photovoltaic cells.
- Represented Autoliv ASP Inc. in a Section 232 proceeding.
Customs and Free Trade Agreement Representations
- Represented U.S. importers in focused assessment and other audits and free trade agreement verifications by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Represented U.S. importers and exporters in free trade agreement verifications.
- Represented companies in customs penalty and liquidated damages cases before U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the courts.
- Counsel to importers in country-of-origin marking matters.
- Represented a U.S. lumber importer in an action before the Court of International Trade (CIT) and the Federal Circuit in arguing for a “treatment” in the classification of its merchandise.
- Represented an industry group in assisting governmental authorities in a General Agreement on Tariff and Trade (GATT) dispute.
- Represented a foreign government in a World Customs Organization classification proceeding.
- Represented companies in U.S. district court judicial proceedings involving the False Claims Act arising out of international trade issues.