Representative matters include the following:
- Obtained a favorable OIG Advisory Opinion related to a donation by a private hospital to a state university.
- Regularly conduct internal investigations related to potential violations of the fraud and abuse laws.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate voluntary self-disclosures to OIG, CMS and state attorney general offices.
- Provide advice to a wide range of health care providers with respect to proposed or existing arrangements, operations or affiliations.
- Defend against qui tam lawsuits alleging violations of fraud and abuse laws.
- Negotiate settlement agreements with government agencies over perceived areas of non-compliance.