- Serving as counsel to a national clinical laboratory association, advising it on a wide variety of coding, reimbursement, program integrity, CLIA-compliance, and public policy issues.
- Counseling health care clients on effective compliance program design and implementation.
- Assisting a private laboratory with a compliance investigation into its COVID-19 testing practices.
- Assisting a multinational manufacturer with setting up its own COVID-19 testing facilities for employees.
- Advising one of the largest rapid COVID-19 testing providers in establishing and administering specimen collection sites.
- Counseling laboratories and medical device manufacturers on emerging molecular pathology coding and payment issues, and on regulatory issues that arise during product development.
- Representing a wide variety of Medicare and Medicaid providers before Congress, the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and Medicare contractors.
- Assisting health care providers in complying with the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, Civil Monetary Penalties Law, and other federal and state health care fraud, waste, and abuse laws.
Joyce advises clients on regulatory, legislative, and compliance issues. Clinical laboratories and a wide range of other health care entities rely on her comprehensive understanding of health care law and on her advocacy and public policy experience to navigate through various policy issues.