- Advising on REIT tax and compliance issues, including the formation and operation of REITs and tax structures involving REITs.
- Advising on U.S. federal tax consequences for real estate joint venture and acquisition deals.
- Advising on tax structuring involving middle-market M&A deals and SPAC transactions.
- Advised and helped structure the formation of a joint venture and its initial $250 million investment in student housing assets in the United States.
- Advised and helped structure the sale of interests in a $650 million real estate property to a foreign pension fund, including forming a private REIT.
- Structured a series of ground lease transactions on behalf of a large publicly traded REIT.
- Maintained and regularly reviewed intercompany transfer pricing arrangements for a large private equity client.
Sarah provides clients sophisticated tax advice across a broad range of federal, corporate, and partnership tax matters concerning both domestic and international transactions. She also advises clients on REIT-related tax, structuring, and compliance issues.