- Representing Qatar Airways and its subsidiary, Qatar Airways Investments (UK) Ltd., in negotiating and documenting a $1.150 billion DIP loan to LATAM Airlines Group S.A., Latin America’s leading airline group currently operating in Chapter 11 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, and handling all litigation related to objections to the facility filed by various stakeholders, including the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors and the Ad Hoc Bondholder Committee.
- Representing a collateral manager for first and second lien debts in excess of $7 billion issued by a pharmaceutical company debtor.
- Representing a New York hotel owner and operator in disputes with lender, franchisor, and minority members.
- Represented a New York City real estate owner and developer in the acquisition of mortgage loans and a DIP facility totaling approximately $50 million, and utilizing those loans to acquire title to the debtor’s building through a Chapter 11 free and clear sale in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented Repeater Communications Group, a leading operator of leased rooftop telecommunications sites in New York City and surrounding markets, in its combination with InSite Wireless Group, one of the country’s largest privately owned tower and wireless infrastructure companies.
- Representing Credit Suisse as administrative agent in the restructuring of $1.9 billion debtor-in-possession warehouse financing facilities in the Walter Investment Management Corporation pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Representing a participant lender in connection with a $725 million asset-backed debtor-in-possession loan to a U.S.-based publicly traded retailer.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors of Hebrew Hospital Home of Westchester Inc., a nursing home facility located in Westchester, NY, and thereafter representing the liquidation trustee established under the auspices of the confirmed Chapter 11 plan.
- Representing equity holders in a new media production company with highly successful YouTube channels in the sale of 51 percent of equity to an international media conglomerate.
- Representing a private, not-for-profit school in the workout of secured bond debt and related transactions.
- Representing a hotel developer in connection with branding, governance, capital improvement projects, and commercial agreements.
- Represented a group of investors in negotiations to gain control of the New York City Opera Company.
- Represented a major international engineering and aerospace corporation in the negotiation of a critical supply contract.
- Counsel to a hedge fund in connection with the wind down of investment in a medical device portfolio company.
- Representing one of the largest rooftop management companies in New York City in various corporate transactions and asset sales.
- Representing foreign and domestic textile manufacturers in the negotiation of sourcing agreements and credit terms with U.S.-based retailers.
- Represented an individual bondholder in a hotly contested confirmation hearing over terms of a plan and change of control trigger contained in the controlling indenture.
- Counsel to the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Orleans Homebuilders Inc. Chapter 11 proceedings involving one of the oldest residential builders in the Northeast.
- Special counsel to Chemtura Corporation, one of the largest publicly traded specialty chemical companies in the U.S., in its Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Counsel to a national retail chain and secured lender in a multimillion-dollar contested confirmation hearing concerning valuation, financing, and leasing issues for a retail shopping center in upstate New York.
- Counsel to a collateral manager of CDO assets exceeding $6 billion in the prosecution of claims and interests in numerous bankruptcy proceedings, workouts, and restructurings, as well as related federal and state court litigation.
- Represented the liquidation trustee appointed pursuant to a bank holding company’s confirmed plan of liquidation in connection with a lawsuit alleging that the former parent of the debtor caused the bank failure after spinoff.
- Negotiated a lucrative settlement that included an $80 million cash settlement and an additional $275 million in tax refunds previously paid to the IRS on account of historic net operating losses.
- Represented an affiliate of Sleepy’s LLC in its winning bid to acquire 100 percent of the membership interests in Mattress Discounters Group LLC, in addition to its previous acquisitions of the assets of Rockaway Bedding, Dial-A-Mattress, and Better Bedding, primarily including intellectual property rights and shopping center leasehold interests.
- Represented a shopping center landlord in the Kmart bankruptcy case with more than 75 locations.
James J. Vincequerra is a partner with Alston & Bird’s Financial Restructuring & Reorganization Group. His primary practice is representing businesses in a variety of commercial transactions and matters. He has significant experience representing debtors, lenders, and other creditors, committees, bondholders, and asset acquirers (in and out of court) in high-stakes matters across industries, including finance, retail, education, real estate, hospitality, new media, e-commerce, and telecommunications.
James provides high-quality, creative, and results-oriented legal services to his clients and serves as a primary resource and partner in all aspects of a client’s business. One client recently said, “Jim is a diligent and creative attorney who is easy to work with. He brings his considerable skills to bear on legal problems, thinking outside the box when necessary, to move matters along toward a successful conclusion.”
- St. John’s University (法學博士, 1999)
- Johns Hopkins University (學士學位, 1995)