Our nationally ranked food, beverage, agribusiness, and cosmetics attorneys are perfectly situated to help you navigate your business and legal needs and create business-minded solutions to the challenges you face. Our technical prowess and comprehensive understanding of the industry and regulatory and legislative bodies – where our lawyers and policy advisors have actually served (including the FDA, USDA, and FTC) – coupled with our responsiveness and effectiveness set our team well ahead of the competition.
Our clients range from the largest household brands to some of the most innovative, cutting-edge companies in the business:
- Food and beverage manufacturers and distributors
- Growers and producers, including USDA-regulated meat, poultry, and egg producers
- Alcoholic beverage companies and distributors
- Dietary supplement, personal care, cosmetics, and packaging manufacturers, distributors, and retailers
- Ingredient and other product suppliers
- Grocery and restaurant chains and other retail businesses
- Trade associations
We guide established companies and startups through each phase of product development, marketing, and distribution, advising on regulatory compliance and managing regulatory and litigation risk along the way.
- Regulatory: We proactively address and resolve your FDA and USDA regulatory issues that arise throughout the product supply chain, including labeling and claims, food safety, preventive controls, FSMA compliance, registration issues, premarket clearance, and import issues.
- Litigation: We have particular strength in defending and representing manufacturers and retailers in consumer class action labeling matters, recall litigation, contractual disputes, and antitrust litigation.
- Compliance & Enforcement: Our attorneys represent clients facing FDA, USDA, and CBP enforcement actions and investigations, including inspections, product recalls, threatened suspension of FDA-facility registrations, responses to warning letters, FDA Form 483s, establishment inspection reports (EIRs), and import holds and detentions.
- Corporate: We provide corporate support on every aspect of your business, including advising on supply chain agreements and FDA due diligence support for corporate financing and mergers and acquisitions, as well as issues ranging from unclaimed gift cards and state escheat laws to employment risk, immigration policy, and data privacy and breach assessments.
- Legislative & Public Policy: We assist in the development of policy and implementation strategies, help draft legislation and testimony, prepare you for interviews with congressional committee staff and congressional testimony, assist with agency oversight, and provide advice on pending legislation – all with the client’s future in mind.
Our attorneys are listed with Chambers USA for Food & Beverage: Regulatory & Litigation and The Best Lawyers in America for Food & Beverage Law, including Lawyer of the Year in 2020.