Jeff Glickman, Sam Kaywood, and Mike Petrik presented this lunch program on October 29, 2008. This seminar provided an overview of some of the more pressing state and local and international tax issues. Topics covered included the following.
- Structuring under the recent Contract Manufacturing Regulations
- Problems under the "substantial assistance" rules
- Other international tax developments
- Consideration of business vs. non-business income issues after the Supreme Court's decision in MeadWestvaco
- States' application of economic substance and related tax doctrines
October 29, 2008
Alston & Bird LLP / Atlanta, GA