Alston & Bird hosted this webinar program on Friday, April 15, 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT. The Department of Labor has just finalized its new regulation defining what constitutes fiduciary investment advice. This rule significantly expands the set of persons considered fiduciaries as a result of providing investment advice and raises multiple issues for plan sponsors, ERISA plan fiduciaries and financial advisers. Alston & Bird attorneys with decades of experience advising clients on fiduciary and investment issues invite you to attend a complimentary webinar on the impact of the new fiduciary rules. The webinar highlighted core areas of concern under the new rule, including:
- Scope of the rule – covered plans and arrangements
- Actions that trigger fiduciary status
- The significance of the Best Interest Contract Exemption and associated litigation risks for plan advisers
- Issues for retirement plan sponsors, including the new definition of investment education and contracting with service providers
- Impact on health and welfare plans, including HSAs
Patrick DiCarlo, Alston & Bird LLP
Carolyn Smith, Alston & Bird LLP
Leah Morgan Singleton, Alston & Bird LLP
To register, please click here.
CLE credit was sought for California, Georgia, Illinois, Missouri, New York and Texas.
Webinar details were made available to registrants prior to the event. For any questions, please contact Abby Forness at email@example.com or 404.881.7824.
April 15, 2016