Kevin Minoli and Elise Paeffgen will speak on the panel “COVID & Beyond: The Legal Nuances of Disinfectants and Sanitizers in 2020,” sponsored by the Environmental Law Institute and Alston & Bird.
In the wake of COVID-19, there has been tremendous market growth for antimicrobial products, such as disinfectants and sanitizers, as well as consumer products with antimicrobial properties.
For companies that want to manufacture, import, sell, or use sanitizers and disinfectants, this panel addresses:
- What are the key regulatory requirements they should focus on?
- Where in this process are companies prone to making mistakes?
- How should companies manage recalls of products that do not comply with the requirements?
- How are the FDA and EPA taking action to enforce regulations?
- How can companies quickly respond to the critical need for sanitizers and disinfectants and be confident they are in compliance with federal and state laws?
- Kevin S. Minoli, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP, Moderator
- Edward Messina, Deputy Office Director (Programs), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Andrea Mojica, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Household & Commercial Products Association (HCPA)
- Elise N. Paeffgen, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP