Alex Yanos and Karl Geercken will be speaking at the “Breaking the Code: U.S. Courts and Their Impact on Indian Businesses, Perspectives on Cross-Border Dispute Resolution” webinar hosted by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce. Panelists will discuss developments in jurisdiction, applicable law, enforcement of awards, interpretation of treaties, and more as cross-border transactions and trade activity in the Indo-U.S. Corridor increase.
Panel 1 – Internationalization of U.S. Courts and Its Implications for the Business
- Understanding key differences between the jurisdictions: the scope of legal privilege
- Internationalization of cooperation between courts and governments, such as MLATs, extradition, data requests, and enforcement of arbitration awards
- Internationalization of the U.S. courts, their perception in India, and considerations for Indian businesses
Panel 2 – Investment Treaty Arbitrations
- Recognition and enforcement of investment treaty awards and understanding the jurisdictional challenges
- Assessing a treaty’s investor-state dispute settlement provision
To register, click here.